Friday, June 22, 2012

Becoming the new me

Sometimes we just have to let go, and let someone else take over. In my case, this is a VERY hard thing to do. If you know me, you know I am a total control freak. Although living the military lifestyle teaches you to kinda go with the flow, the things I CAN have control of, I do.

I used to be really upset that I had to have a C-Section with my oldest. I felt like a failure. I can't do the thing I was BUILT to do? Really? But then I realized that a few hundred years ago, my son AND I probably would have died. Thank goodness for medical advances. By the time I had my youngest son and my daughter I had come to be OK with having to have C-Sections.

Unfortunately, these C-Sections, and issues I had before them have wreaked havoc on my body, and I am finding myself preparing for a hysterectomy before my 27th birthday. It's not something I'm looking forward to at all, but I know it is necessary.

Pretty soon, I'll be able to get on with my life, and enjoy my kids being kids. Maybe I'll be able to finally get into the shape I want to be in without all this pain and.. Bleeding all the time. Sorry, gory, but true.

So, this is me letting go of the steering wheel, and letting my doctor (and god) take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment