Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Learning to matter

Some would say it's a wonderful thing to have such a huge heart. Those who have one sometimes struggle with it, though. I consider myself to be a good person. I tend to go above and beyond for pretty much anyone in need, except myself. Forget wants, I don't even allow myself what I need most of the time. Although I am exhausted, and am going without things I need, I still manage to find time to help others out. But there comes a time when I need to open my eyes and realize that some of these people, just don't care.

Either they don't realize all you're doing for them, or they flat out don't care, or think it's not enough, and want more out of you. Then when I get to the point where I have to say enough, I let those who never appreciated me anyway, make me feel bad about taking some time for myself. I have come to realize that I have to back up, and figure out what's important for myself, and my family, and let the rest go.

I can't be everything to everyone. I can only be what I can be for myself, and family. I'm not sure how long this process is going to take, but what I hope to get out of it in the end, is to feel happy, and less exhausted. I'm not even 30 years old yet, and I feel like I've been running in circles for decades. Every day is another opportunity to figure out what step is next, and how to feel good knowing I'm doing my best, for those that MATTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment