Friday, July 19, 2013

Purging some bottled up leftover emotions

It was just simply bad timing, both times, and as much as we cared for each other, we weren't right together. Everyone else saw that, but it took us a long time to see it, I guess. So maybe it was never bad timing, it was just a learning experience, and preparing us for what's to come. To learn what to do, what not to do, and how to grow.

First we had no idea what we were doing, and we were young. Then I was so damaged, and you weren't ready, nor could you handle the damage that had been done. Few of my family or friends saw what I saw after the first go around. I knew you had a big heart, and I knew the reasons why they only saw what they chose to see. I am glad to have had a first love, and feel a lot of real heart ache, because it prepared me for my true love, and helped me grow.

I wasn't very good for you our second go around, but I am so thankful for the time we had, because it showed me I deserved better than the pain I had felt previously, and it allowed me to demand better for myself, and refuse to be treated so badly ever again. I hope you knew that I never meant to hurt you, just as I know you never meant to hurt me. Everything happens for a reason, and I will cherish the memories, and the lessons learned.

I know we are both happy in our lives now, and for that I am also very thankful. I hope wherever you are, you know that I am happy for you, and I have no regrets.

To those that subscribed, you may or may not know who this is about. For those of you that do, I put it here because it does not need to actually be said to that person. I'm sure he knows. I just had a lot of learning and healing to do the last 8-12 years of my life, and I feel I have grown so much, and needed to actually REALLY let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment