Monday, April 22, 2013

Some more purging. Physically, and mentally.

Man oh man, have I been doing some soul searching lately. I can almost see the smoke coming out of my ears, with how much I have been thinking about everything. Recently, a couple we know from our sons AD/HD support group, offered us her daughters big girl bedroom set. They are moving, and their daughter has outgrown it (she's a few years older than Shaelyn). I love the set, and asked her how much they wanted for it all. She said it's free, and they believe in doing good things for people. I was completely shocked.

See, we haven't lived a very charmed life. In some ways, yes. We have been blessed with a beautiful, healthy family, and we've always gotten by. But we've had to really work for EVERYTHING, and we've struggled quite a bit along the way. We've always donated, and given to charity, and helped those in need whether it be family, friends, or just someone much worse off than us. But rarely have we been blessed with something we are really in need of. That's part of what really got me thinking..

When presented with this more than generous offer, it got me to thinking how much cleaning up I had to do in Shaelyns room, to make room for the set. I then thought to ask the group leader if I could donate what Shaelyn has outgrown to them, or maybe the families that go there who are in need. She gladly accepted, and thanked me. Then said whatever they don't need, they will donate as well. So, I went through so far, all of the things we were going to sell in the yard sale this fall, and put it in a box for them.. Next is her room! What a good feeling to bless someone else!

Next is some more of the mental purging. I like to think I'm a good person. I do the right thing, I help when/where needed, I try to be the best mom and wife I can be. But, often times, I don't do the right thing for myself. I don't take care of myself in pretty much any way that I should be. I don't remember my vitamins, I don't eat right sometimes, I overbook myself, and never really rest. But one thing after reading this article I know that I do WRONG, is judge. I judge even when I think I'm not judging. "How could a person leave their kids" "How could a person steal" Ect. Anyway.. Karma is something I learned a little more about today, and I feel very enlightened and would love to pass this on. I will be checking out more of this site very soon. I hope you all find this read as interesting, and thought provoking as I did!

http://www.happinessinyourlife.com/Karma.html

No comments:

Post a Comment