Saturday, April 13, 2013

Taking some time to really put some thought onto paper... Err... Interwebs?

So, my last post was basically just that things are good, and I'm going to try to make it a point to blog more. Facebook is a place for little blips and such. This will be where I am really me. If you do not like what you see here, then feel free to hit the delete button, because I am tired of conforming to others. If I say something that truly upsets, or offends you, then please let me know. But if it's something you just don't like, or don't agree with, then the way I see it, it's your problem. My whole intent is just to have some place where I can be me, and get things off my mind, not to upset anyone.

Life has been bonkers for a long time now, but I am getting to a point where I'm really kinda sitting back and evaluating everything. Thinking long and hard about things before I really decide what I truly think of something. Like anyone else, I am quick to pass judgement at times. I can honestly say that now, I am not so quick. The things we have been through have truly changed me. Mostly in good ways, but of course some in bad ways. Stress, ya know? Anyway, I have come to learn that we just cannot truly understand why a person says and does things. How do we know what they have been through, unless we have lived their exact life.

I have seen a lot of people just POOF, exit out of my life, without any explanation. At first, a few of those people who had done so, it really hurt me. But thinking about it now. Those people really just don't get it, and I'd rather I didn't put any effort into a friendship with them when they care so little for others. I am grateful they have taken their leave, because it saved me in the long run. It's hard for me to really turn my back on someone. Even when I don't understand them, and can't figure out why they do or say some of the things they do. I figure now there's got to be a reason, and I try to give the person the benefit of the doubt. Still, I have learned to be more cautious in letting myself really get invested in someone, until I've known them for a long time.

So, the days of me caring what others think, are behind me. It's something I've been working on for a long time, and I can finally say I have truly grown in that department. Since I have been able to do that, I have been a lot happier. That, and the other positive changes that have happened in our lives.

What are those changes? We are now living with PTSD, not surviving it. I can't really pinpoint what changed. I think it was a long time coming, and it was a collection of events that has helped us turn this very vital page. PTSD is always going to be a part of our lives, but now it's the common enemy, and we're not letting it control our lives anymore. Also, having a HOME again, is making a huge impact. We are investing not only our money, but our time into something that is truly OURS, and it feels great. Sure, it's tiring... But it's worth it at the end of the day.

I have an appointment coming up for myself. It's concerning my newly diagnosed (but not so newly acquired) AD/HD. I am hoping to be put on some medication that will help me in so many ways. One of those ways is organizing my thoughts, and helping me manage the overwhelmed feeling I live with on a constant basis. I think once that is better, I will know more of what I want to do, and how I want to do it. This blog for example.. It's great for me to get my thoughts out, but I want it to be way more organized, and I want it to really show how I am, and not just seem like this jumbled mess... SQUIRREL!!

Anyway, this is kinda my new intro into the new me. That being said.. Hello again. I'm Stacey. I'm in my LATE (holy crap) 20's. My hair is going grey, I find more wrinkles every day, and I am tired all the time. I have 3 beautiful, but bonkers children, and a wonderful husband, who sometimes I want to beat with a frying pan.  But you know what else? I am also smart, funny, extremely caring, beautiful, and strong (both physically and mentally). Sometimes I'm a little over the top, but, this is me.

2 comments:

  1. Be the best you that you can be! Im rooting for you. As a fellow sister living the nightmares if PTSD, I sympathize with you. I support you, and I am happy to hear that you are in the right track. <3

    ReplyDelete